Monday, August 8, 2022

AWARDS FOR "THE EAST RIVER RIPPER"

It's been a while since I posted anything, and a lot of water has gone under the bridge.  The East River Ripper was a finalist in two categories in the National Indie Excellence Awards--Regional Non-Fiction Northeast and True Crime. It got a Bronze Medal for Regional Non-Fiction from the Independent Publishers Book Awards. And it got a Bronze Medal in the category Political/Current Events in the Florida Authors and Publishers Association President's Awards. Finally, it is a semi-finalist in the Royal Palm Literary Awards--category of History. I also have an unpublished short story on the semi-finalist list. Awards will be announced at the Florida Writers Association Convention in Orlando on October 29.

I am also working on another true crime history about a murder case that was tried in Toronto in 1895. At the time it was touted as "Canada's Greatest Case." It has been a rough row to hoe in getting the book written. The pandemic lockdown delayed getting essential references from libraries and archives which had been shut down, and knee replacement surgery sidelined me for a while. I'm finally on the last chapter, and then I need to go back and trim the excess verbiage. I should be ready to start shopping the book to publishers by the end of the year.

I've decided that for my next project I'm going to try my hand at writing a novel. Checking and rechecking references for nonfiction work is a tedious process. It might be fun to be able to make stuff up without having to fact-check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment