Saturday, July 24, 2021

TRANSCRIBING THE LINDBERGH KIDNAPPING CASE: SUSPENDING THE PROJECT

Some time I embarked on the project of trying to transcribe the 4,000+ pages of the Lindbergh Kidnapping Trial. No good transcript of the trial was readily available, and I thought it would be helpful for those interested in the case to actually read the testimony of the witnesses.

It soon became clear that I had taken on a monumental task for someone who is not the best typist in the world. I stalled at the testimony of the handwriting examiners and took a hiatus of over a year. When I returned to the project, I discovered that the trial transcript had been published on Kindle.

The transcript comes in three volumes, each costing $2.99. I immediately bought the three volumes. Anyone who wishes to have access to the trial testimony now has a simple, inexpensive vehicle for accessing it. For this reason, I am suspending my project of transcribing the trial. 

Here are links to the three volumes:

VOLUME ONE

VOLUME TWO

VOLUME THREE

No comments:

Post a Comment