Thursday, June 30, 2016

VALEDICTION

This is my last day at the Levin College of Law prior to going into full retirement. I have really had a great experience teaching here these last ten years. When I was an assistant state attorney I felt like I was doing something to help better society, and I had the same feeling at the law school. When I was an assistant state attorney I often said that my dream job would be to teach at a college after leaving the State Attorney’s Office. Never in my wildest dreams, however, did I think it would be at my alma mater, the University of Florida. When I took this job I was only going to teach here for six years, but I found the job so rewarding that I stayed four years longer than I had originally intended. It's time now to move on to other things, like enjoying grandkids, writing books, and keeping up with the chore list my wife has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment