Thursday, June 30, 2016

VALEDICTION

This is my last day at the Levin College of Law prior to going into full retirement. I have really had a great experience teaching here these last ten years. When I was an assistant state attorney I felt like I was doing something to help better society, and I had the same feeling at the law school. When I was an assistant state attorney I often said that my dream job would be to teach at a college after leaving the State Attorney’s Office. Never in my wildest dreams, however, did I think it would be at my alma mater, the University of Florida. When I took this job I was only going to teach here for six years, but I found the job so rewarding that I stayed four years longer than I had originally intended. It's time now to move on to other things, like enjoying grandkids, writing books, and keeping up with the chore list my wife has for me.